The lovely folks at Esquared approached me to try out the newest London-based fitness app – an opportunity that I snatched up right away! This is an honest review, and all opinions are my own – promise!
As most of my lovely readers will know, I’m a keen runner and all-round fitness enthusiast. I’m always on the lookout for new and exciting ways to enjoy fitness in the city, but like most Londoners, I hate the idea of being tied down by a contract. That’s why Esquared, a new London-based fitness app, seemed right up my alley! So let’s jump in:
What is Esquared?
Esquared describes itself as “the only place to book on demand exercise classes and gym sessions in real-time. No membership. No commitments. No catches.” It’s a bit like ClassPass, but without having to pay up-front for credits- you just pay as you go.
Some of the studios on offer through the app include:
- Best’s Bootcamp
- Fierce Grace Yoga
- Good Vibes
- More Yoga
How it works
It’s really simple to get started on the app- just download through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and sign up in a few steps. Then, you’re good to go! You can easily top up your account, or use my promo code (further down) for your first class free – exciting stuff!
Personally, I’m concentrating on my running at the moment, so was looking for classes to complement my training. Straight away, I found two of my favourite London studios, Good Vibes and More Yoga, and signed up for classes straight away. (Side note – I always forget how difficult pilates and yoga are… and regret signing up about 10 minutes in!)
You can sync the app with the calendar on your phone, meaning that you can keep track of classes, and get reminders, and make changes to your booking if you need to. I found this really handy, as some evenings after work I’d find myself in the mood for something other than a regular gym session – and I could make bookings right away!
Once you’re finished with your class, the app asks you to provide a quick review to help other users make their decision. It’s as simple as that!
- Really easy to use; syncing to your calendar is a really nice bonus and helps you manage your classes on the move
- Easy cancellation – you can cancel up to an hour before your class without losing your credit
- No limits on the number of classes you can do at any given studio (unlike ClassPass)
- In-app payment is really simple, and there seem to be quite regular promo codes
- Still relatively limited in terms of studios – would love to see the likes of Another Space and Psycle on there!
- You have to review every class straight away, before you can book any more. This is a bit frustrating as you might want to leave a longer review, and that could get in the way of your next class!
Is it worth it?
Overall, I do think it’s worth it. I would absolutely love to see more variety in the classes on offer – think hot yoga, Crossfit and ballet barre – but for someone who wants flexibility, and likes to book classes at the last minute, it’s perfect!
And now to the good part – a promo code for followers of Pip in Motion! It’s super simple:
- Download the app through the App Store or Google Play Store
- Enter the promo code PCALVIN20564
- Voilá! £20 credit to try your first class with Esquared!
What’s your favourite way to keep fit in the city? Have you tried Esquared?
Lots of love,