As many of us finish racing season for the year, or start to wind down for the colder weather, I thought I’d share an old post on the reasons I love running- and in particular, the reasons I’ll keep on running all year round, come rain or shine!
I’m about to start a new marathon training season! Yay!
I’ve really enjoyed this off-season and have 100% fallen back in love with running, especially without pressure or purpose. That being said, I’ve always loved running a lot of junk miles and it’s going to be hard to tone it down, focusing more on quality than quantity.
And so, here’s my little love letter to the sport, also known as 50 Reasons I Love Running:
- It’s the best way to appreciate where you are both geographically and physically
- You get to see your city in a whole new way
- Fresh air does you so much good
- You can run almost wherever you are
- It’s a great way to meet people
- Runners are an incredibly friendly bunch
- It can take your mind off what you’re stressing about
- Or allow you the time and space to process it
- It can be cheap if you want…
View original post 353 more words