I was actually planning to post the first of a new series of Running Eats today, but that will have to wait. I have news!
I’m back running!!!
The excitement is real.
So this morning I went to see my lovely physio for a 3 week follow up. When I first saw him, I was given 3 key exercises to alleviate my PF, all of which I had done religiously.
I went to my appointment this morning fully expecting to be told I wasn’t ready to go back to training. I had prepared myself for the embarrassment of crying in front of my very charming Irish phsyio, and even considered the possibility that crying might make him change his mind. (I’m not proud of this!)
But I was pleasantly surprised when he said everything looked much better, and that I was allowed to run again. He even stuck me on a treadmill and had a look at my form.
- Week 1: 2 runs, 20 mins max, very easy pace
- Week 2: 3 runs, 30 mins max, very easy pace
- I have to check in via email after the first 2 weeks
- I will have some Plantar Fasciitis symptoms but that’s okay
- I have to work on picking my feet up more when I run. This feels really weird at the moment, but I’m told it’ll activate my glutes more, taking strain off my hamstrings. I’m also reassured that this is how Kenyan Olympians train 😀
- I may be allowed to run a Half in December. Maybe.
Needless to say, I am so freakin’ excited to get out for a run this week! But also terrified- I don’t want to get sidelined again by injury again!
Yay for Winter Running! Who’s excited about the training season to come?
Lots of love